We offer free breakfast and lunch to students through the National School Lunch Program (NSLP), a federally-assisted meal program that provides nutritionally balanced, USDA-compliant meals to students each school day.
Our early entrance policy allows students who turn five years old by January 1st to register for Kindergarten. As part of the registration process, students must take a brief Kindergarten assessment. For more information, call
(216) 251-5450 today, or apply by clicking here.
Despite COVID complications, it’s time to enroll for the 20-21 school year. West Park Academy is here to help! Book an appointment to have a school administrator meet you at your front porch to have a safe, socially-distanced discussion about the upcoming school year and all that West Park Academy has to offer K-8 students.
Each family who books an appointment will also receive a free backpack full of school supplies! Appointments are available to book online Mondays-Fridays from 9am-4pm. Or, call the school to book an appointment outside of these standard times.
To book an appointment by phone, call (216) 251-5450.
If you’re ready to enroll, start gathering together required documents to register as a new student during this appointment:
Child’s Birth Certificate
Proof of Residence
Parent ID (for the primary, custodial parent)
For more information about these documents, please visit our Enrollment Resources page.
Families choose West Park because:
• Tuition-free, community school open to all K-8 students
• Full-day Kindergarten with early entrance option for young learners who turn 5 by Jan. 1
• Ohio standards-based curriculum with regular analysis of student data to individualize instruction
• Well-rounded academic program featuring specialty subjects such as Winning in America Art, PE, Character Education, and extracurriculars such as Middle School Basketball, I AM Limitless Dance program & more!
• Safe & secure campus with small class sizes & a family-oriented environment
• Nurturing, fully certified & licensed teachers
• Daily use of Education Technology to advance student learning & readiness
• Culture of student achievement including Student of the Month & Middle School Honor Society
• Free meals & bus transportation
• Accredited by Cognia™
Dear West Park Friends, Family, Neighbors, and Scholars,
If you drive past West Park Academy, you will see four large banners attached to the front of the school proclaiming what we stand for. These values are ideals, goals, and inspirations to all who are a part of the school. But now, more than ever, these are values that must unite us against all things that suffocate our nation, our city, and even our community.
Those four values are COMMUNITY, INTEGRITY, RESILIENCE, and EXCELLENCE. Sadly, we have witnessed our society fail to be a community where love and equality are cherished and held sacred. We have experienced an utter letdown of integral members of our society who have abused power over others and allowed prejudice and discrimination to be the law of the land. Some of our leaders and community members have made it impossible for citizens to demonstrate resilience. As we rise, we are torn back down again…and again…and again. We have failed to be profoundly American in our country where we pride ourselves on being able to seek prosperity and independence. We have failed to be excellent.
More than ever, we need these values – but more importantly, we need to listen. We need to learn. We need to consciously recognize those things that prevent true, full, judgment-free communities that keep racism, xenophobia, hate, and prejudices of all kinds from impacting the lives and futures of our community.
West Park Academy is here to be a part of those dialogues and movements that bring unity, and we will stand for nothing short of it. Our faculty and staff are committed to learning and growing. And we are committed to being teachers of truth and the histories of all people – especially those of color whose voices have been silenced, experiences invalidated, and histories quieted and nearly erased. We will stand against the injustices that have plagued our nation for centuries and those injustices that continue to threaten our citizens to this day; we stand against bullies small and tall.
Yours in education and community,
Principal, West Park Academy
All teachers meet the educator qualification requirements outlined in the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and Ohio Revised Code: Bachelor’s degree, grade-level teaching license/certificate & ability to demonstrate subject area expertise.
For meeting the highest standards of education in ongoing third-party review.
- Seamless Summer Option Program
- Kindergarten Registration Now Open for Fall 2021!
- Blizzard Bag Materials for Grades K-8
- Title I Annual Parent Meeting Resources
- AMP Helpful Resources
- Online & Hybrid Student Internet Reimbursement Policy
- A Day in the Life: Your Plan for Successful Online Learning
- 20-21 Reopening Information for Parents
- 20-21 Learning Options for Students
- Free School Meals