The Local Wellness Policy is a written document that guides a local educational agency’s (LEA) or school district’s efforts to establish a school environment that promotes students’ health, well-being, and ability to learn. The Wellness Policy Committee has been created as an effort to manage and develop our school’s healthy habits.
» A Wellness Committee will be appointed to each school
» The committee may include parents and guardians, students, representatives of the school nutrition program, physical education teachers, or any other interested stakeholder that is aligned with the goals of the policy
» The committee shall meet a minimum of four times per year
This is a great opportunity to help promote and support student health and wellness, and create a positive, safe, and health-promoting learning environment. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We want to hear from you. Please contact us at: email@example.com
A West Park Academy custodian didn’t let his title stop him from creating ways to help students at his school. He realized kids at the school needed an outlet to help them thrive, so he created a dance program that has been so successful, he’s now looking to expand it to more schools.
Watch the full video here:
As we emerge from pandemic schooling, West Park Academy would like to share a special offer with your family!
We are conducting a FREE Summer School for rising 1st through 8th grade students. Summer school is typically offered to returning students, but this summer we are additionally opening all four weeks to newly registered families.
2021 Summer School Schedule
- June 14 – July 8 (can start attending as soon as registered for upcoming school year)
- Mondays through Thursdays (except Monday 7/5)
- 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM (doors open 8:30 AM)
- Free Breakfast & Lunch
- Subject Areas: Reading, Math, Skill-Based Learning
- Must be in Grades 1-8
- Must be fully registered for the upcoming 2021-22 school year
- Must sign up for summer school by notifying the school office 24 hours before you begin attending: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (216) 251-5450
Complete your child’s registration for the 2021-22 school year to reserve your seat in free summer school today!
This location is participating in the Seamless Summer Option Program. Lunch will be provided to all children, age 1 through 18, and are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service.
Our meal program begins on Monday, June 14th. EVERY MONDAY this summer we are giving away a week’s worth of meals (breakfast and lunch) to ANYONE under 18 regardless if they attend West Park or not. We ask you to call and reserve your meals but will turn no one away. Please come to the side parking lot entrance to pick up your meals (not the main doors).
Below are downloadable and printable (PDF) Blizzard Bag materials by grade/teacher.
Please view the presentation below to learn more about Title I funding and policies for the 2020-21 school year.
After watching the presentation video, please complete our parent meeting form. By submitting, your child will earn a dress down pass and your name will be entered into a Holiday Gift raffle. (NOTE: Title funds were not used for the purchase of these items.)
We are happy to announce that our students will have multiple learning options for the 20-21 school year:
- Traditional In-person learning at the school building with added safety protocols and procedures.
- Online At-home learning supported by teachers, technology, and curriculum specifically built for online learning.
- Hybrid A mix of Traditional and Online learning with in-person and at-home components.
Over the coming weeks we will be releasing more detailed information. Please:
- Check your email, school website & Facebook page the Week of July 13 for further description of these models including logistical details like safety protocols, technology, and transportation.
- Plan to attend our upcoming Online 20-21 School Year Information Session—date and time will be announced soon!
- After attending the info session, please select the option for your student(s) by Friday, July 31st. Your student will be enrolled in the Traditional Cohort unless we hear a different selection from you by 7/31. To select your options, visit: www.accelschools.com/Fall2020
Thank you. We look forward to educating your student this school year!
We offer free breakfast and lunch to students through the National School Lunch Program (NSLP), a federally-assisted meal program that provides nutritionally balanced, USDA-compliant meals to students each school day.
Our early entrance policy allows students who turn five years old by January 1st to register for Kindergarten. As part of the registration process, students must take a brief Kindergarten assessment. For more information, call
(216) 251-5450 today, or apply by clicking here.
- Join the Wellness Committee!
- After-School Dance Program That Helps Students Thrive
- 4 Weeks of Free Summer School for 2021!
- Seamless Summer Option Program
- Blizzard Bag Materials for Grades K-8
- Title I Annual Parent Meeting Resources
- 20-21 Learning Options for Students
- Free School Meals
- Early Entrance to Kindergarten
- All Teachers Properly Certified & Licensed